Friday, July 3, 2009

Pardon The...Introduction

So, almost exactly 7 months after making my New Year's Resolution to start a blog, I'm finally getting around to it. I'm not really sure what's going to come of it, or if I'll even have any readers, but it's worth a try. There's no real set topic, or point, to my blogging, I guess. Just wanting to get some random thoughts on the page and maybe entertain and inspire someone along the way...so prepare yourselves.
I suppose I should start out with an introduction of sorts. I'm Molly, I'm a senior in college, and I may or my not have a disability. That's up to you to decide as you read along in my future posts. Okay, yeah, I have Spastic Diplegic Cerebral Palsy, or CP. I was diagnosed when I was a year old, and haven't had a day off since. That's a lot of days, you can do the math if you really care. The reason I pose it to you as a question, if there is anyone even reading this, is because it would be almost impossible to realize if you didn't know me or see e walking past you down the street. At the risk of sounding confident, I am a very bright person. I get around almost entirely on my own, I take classes, live at school during the year...you get the point. I may have Cerebral Palsy, but I try my damnedest to let people see that the tarnished exterior doesn't hold a candle to the person I really am.
Oh, and that's another thing. I don't believe in the characteristic of cockiness. It's confidence. A person is not cocky, they are confident. They live their life as if they deserve everything they work for and as if they can do whatever they want to do in life. Happy reading...

No comments:

Post a Comment